It’s every YouTuber’s dream – having your video go viral on YouTube and other social media platforms. But what does it take to make a video go viral? If you ask around, you’ll get a lot of different answers. Some people believe that luck plays a role in whether or not something becomes popular, but there are certain steps you can take to increase your chances of making something go viral. Let’s take a look at some general guidelines that can help you make content that will become popular.
How Do You Make Viral Videos?
While for YouTubers of today, it may take a lot of luck, some common elements of viral videos can set you up for success. According to HubSpot research in the 2022 Video Marketing Report, these are the most prevalent characteristics:
- Title length: Videos had short titles (3 words or less)
- Run-time: Videos had shorter run times (3 minutes or less).
- Captures viewer’s attention in first few seconds: Videos featured the element of surprise (defined as seeing or hearing an expression of surprise, such as a scream or gasp) or interesting propositions breaking of norms.
- Content is relatable in nature: Videos featured relatable circumstances, situations or subject matter that viewers of multiple different backgrounds could relate to.
- Production quality: Videos displayed a musical elements reflecting high production value in resolution, props, and well-thoughtout ideation.
- Talent: Many viral videos were composed of songs, dances, or performances that required practice and talent.
Make Something Unique
It goes without saying that if you want your videos to stand out from the competition, then they need to be unique and different. People have short attention spans these days, so it helps if your videos offer something new and exciting. Make sure that your videos are creative and bring something fresh to the table — no one wants to watch the same kind of content over and over again.
One way to ensure that people pay attention to your videos is by making them relevant. If there’s an event happening in the news or some type of current trend, try to incorporate it into your video somehow. People love seeing their favorite topics tackled in interesting ways, so don’t be afraid to experiment with new ideas and concepts as long as they stay true to the theme.
Focus on Quality
No matter how creative or timely your videos are, if they lack quality then no one will bother watching them for very long. Take the time to make sure that everything about your videos is top-notch — from the visuals and audio quality down to the editing and scripting — so people won’t get bored after 10 seconds or less! Also, since many people watch YouTube on their phones these days, make sure that all of your videos are optimized for mobile viewing as well.
Making a video go viral isn’t easy — it takes time, dedication, creativity and luck! But if you follow these basic guidelines then you should be able to create content that stands out from the competition and catches people’s attention—which is half the battle when trying to make something popular online. So get out there and start creating! Who knows – maybe one day your video will be seen by millions around the world! Good luck!